The International Yoga Sport Academy is the IYSF global educational structure for judges, coaches and athletes.
We want to build a strong community of judges with IYSF qualification, with a dedicated training.
1) INCLUSION AS A QUALIFIED IYSF INTERNATIONAL JUDGE ( A-LEVEL)
All A-Level judges(recommended by NF) must participate in the on-line IYSA judging program and get certified. IYSF will recommend these judges to judge the world championships and continental cups. IYSF will also recommend them to the National Federations to run the National judging certification and judge the national championships.
The International (A-level) Judge certification is valid for four years. It can be extended at the end of this term for a $100 fee and with the approval from IYSF Technical Committee – usually given automatically if the Judge can prove regular judging activity during the last four years.
List of existing A-level international judges:(coming after our first online training)
Each National Federation should have one Head judge being a part of their board who is responsible for running their National competitions more successfully and compliant with IYSF rules.
2) INCLUSION AS A QUALIFIED NATIONAL JUDGE ( B-LEVEL)
- If the National Federation has already a training structure in place for judges, certification are given by them directly.
- If not, the certification can be obtained from IYSF though our on-line training program:
- Attend an on-line Rules Clinic with IYSF (Fee US $20.) or with their National Federation..
- Participate in an online Shadow Judging run of at least 60 athletes in an official recorded IYSF competition. The applicant must obtain an overall score of 80% or above match compared to the scores given by the Official Judges. Fee US $50.
- OR for already experienced judges, provide the evidence of their judging experience over the last 2 years to IYSF technical committee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once both completed, IYSF will inform the National Federation that all prerequisites have been successfully completed, but the final certification will be given only by the National Federation only.
Judges can not be official coaches.
Judges are not allowed to teach the workshops directly prior to a competition with the exception of a warm-up class. Judges private yoga businesses can not be promoted via international, continental or national federation to avoid the conflict of interest.