The International Yoga Sport Academy is the IYSF global educational structure for judges, coaches and athletes.
We want to build a strong community of coaches with IYSF qualification – International(A-level), National(B- level) and Local (C-level) with a dedicated training.
1) INCLUSION AS A QUALIFIED IYSF INTERNATIONAL ( A-LEVEL) COACH
A-level Coaches are:
- Existing World Yoga Champions and existing coaches, whose athletes placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the International level (get in touch to receive the criteria for joining IYSA coaches).
- Coaches trained by IYSA( if recommended for A-level certification by their National Federations).
- When there is no active Federation in the country – coaches are trained and certified as A- level directly by IYSA.
IYSA has prepared a new “yoga sport class and yoga sport skill class” specifically designed to bring public, kids and regular yoga practitioners into IYSF regulated competitions. We will train your yoga teachers and coaches to teach this series to your community during our 3-weeks coach/teacher training camp) and send them back to their home studios as Ambassadors of Yoga Sports.
The International Coach certification is valid for four years and can be extended at the end of this term. Extension requires a 100USD fee and may require a re-certification by IYSA.
List of existing A-level international coaches: click here
Each National Federation should have one Head Coach being a part of their board who is responsible for running their National competitions more successfully and compliant with IYSF rules.
2) INCLUSION AS A QUALIFIED NATIONAL (B-LEVEL) COACH
National (B-level) certification will be done only by National IYSF federations, once the certification programs will be set by National Federation Head-Coach.
3) INCLUSION AS A QUALIFIED COACH (C-LEVEL)
A-level coaches will be encouraged to do their local IYSF approved Yoga Sport Academies(all their teachers must be trained by IYSA) and eventually have them certified by their National Federations as (C-level) structure.
Coaches can not be official judges.
Prior and directly after the official competitions, Coaches are allowed to teach only the workshops organized by National, Continental or International Federation. Coaches private yoga businesses can not be promoted via international, continental or national federation to avoid the conflict of interest.